OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY PRINCIPAL - ACADEMIC
ADMISSION INTO A THREE MONTH ENGLISH SHORT COURSES TRAINING EVENING PROGRAMME
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Mkwawa University College of Education (MUCE) invites applications for admission into “a Three month English Language Short Courses Evening Programme”
Courses, Duration, Time and Fees
The programme will admit three kinds of English language learners into the following short courses:
- Intermediate beginners. These are English learners of Tanzania, for example, who are less or have completed standard seven from Swahili medium primary schools. We will seriously expose and intensively teach them English basic grammars enable them use English to interact with others and communicate about simple, familiar and routine tasks correctly.
- Duration: 3 months; Time: 4p.m. – 6p.m.; Fee: TZS 120, 000/= for local students and US $ 100 for foreign students.
- Intermediate learners. These are Form Four and Form Six leavers; majority of whom from community secondary schools. We will teach them how to manage English grammatical structures to be able to use English in different communicative situations – simple and complex ones. For example, ability to write simple text on familiar topics; to describe experiences, events, dreams, hopes & ambitions; to give reasons, opinions, plans and explanations in a correct English.
- Duration: 3 months; Time: 4p.m. – 6p.m.; Fee: TZS 150, 000/= for local students and US $ 120 for foreign students.
- Advanced learners. This group includes Tanzanian undergraduate students and graduates especially those who did not specialise in English language studies (with non-linguistic backgrounds). We will teach them practically theory and practice in academic writing, study skills, and reports writing; how to write successful CVs/resume and project proposals. The aim is to sharpen their skills on writing in correct English and boost their fluency in spoken discourse.
- Duration: 3 months; Time: 4p.m. – 6p.m.; Fee: TZS 200, 000/= for local students and US $ 150 for foreign students.
For more information please click here
Download the application form here